Well ladies and gentlemen, I have fallen off the wagon.
I was so careful about the foods and drinks I was consuming until recently. Camping, cottages, trailers and parties have all taken their toll on my diet.
Hamburgers, hotdogs, processed foods, packaged potato salad, cheese and more cheese. As much as I love the taste of all of these things, I know that I have been eating too much of them. I really haven’t eaten much in the way of fresh fruits and veggies… gasp! I know. I feel like a bachelor in college. Easy, fast foods seem to be the way in the summer time. I can’t really lug my juicer around to cottages and campsites, now can I?
I have also ignored my exercise regiment… completely. I feel like S#!+ now.
What’s my plan, you may ask? To get back into the swing of things. I may not be able to take my juicer with me on my weekend excursions, but hey! I still have all week!
Here’s my plan
– My favourite green juice (Kale, cucumbers, celery, lemon, ginger, apples and pineapple)
– 1 banana and/or chia pudding
– Carrot, apple and spinach juice
– Raw vegetable salad (kale, tomatoes, arugula, mushrooms, avocado & raw dressing or soy sauce)
– A plateful of fruits (peaches, pears, strawberries, raspberries – whatever I have!)
– Stir fry, vegan rice pasta dishes, sweet potatoes, chicken (I know… I do eat some meat), rice dishes etc.
– Vegetables, lots of vegetables
– Plate of fruit for dessert (again, whatever I have)
Snacks (1 -3 per day, depending on how hungry I am):
– Rice crackers and/or carrots and hummus
– Cucumber salad
– As much water as possible throughout the day
– Black coffee (1-2 cups)
– Almond milk (when I want something creamy)
This eating plan is NOT to lose weight, as I am at a healthy weight already. I am just eating this way to promote health and wellness. When I eat good, whole foods, my body thanks me by providing me with more energy, a happier brain, shiny hair, soft skin and strong nails.
When I’m away, I will bring a ton of fruits and vegetables with me to eat throughout the day. It may be more expensive than a package of hotdogs, but I feel so much better when eating fresh plant-based foods. Also, it is the season for farm-fresh fruits and veggies which means farmers’ markets. You can get such a better deal when you shop for locally grown produce.
I also need to get back into my fitness routine. I have a gym down the road from me that I pay for each month. During the summer months, it is more difficult to get myself to the gym, but I’m going to at least take daily walks outside with my boyfriend.
I feel like this post was very new-years-resolution-y. Whatever, it’s now the middle of the year – who says resolutions have to be at the beginning of the year?